Quote for the Week..

"Why are the country’s political leaders quick to act on amending the Constitution to change nationalistic provisions for the benefit of foreigners or to extend their terms of office but are allergic to amending the Constitution to address the people’s aspirations for self-determination?" - Marvic Leonen,Dean of the UP College of Law, in a keynote address delivered at the 1st International Solidarity Conference on Mindanao; March 16-18, 2009 in Davao City, Philippines.

======================================================

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bb. Pilipinas 2008 Winners!

The Mis-judgement!!

(How on earth did Janina San Miguel win the Bb. Pilipinas World title?? The best choice could have been Candidate No. 8, Danielle Castano. She has the brain, the body and the face.. Could it be that we have in the judges Mr. Dennis Trillo and Ms. Marian Rivera who may have contributed largely to this kind of silly thing?? Yes, they can act, but judge?.. I really doubt them!!) ..

And to prove that Ms. San Miguel does not deserve to win, here is her Q&A portion:
Click this link to watch video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ovenZba8ZI&NR=1

Paolo Bediones: Janina, how are you?
Janina San Miguel: Fine.
Paolo Bediones: Alright, so you won two of the major awards - Best in Long Gown, Best in Swimsuit, do you feel any pressure right now?
Janina San Miguel: No, I don’t feel any pressure right now.
Paolo Bediones: Confident! Alright! Please choose a name of the judge.
Paolo Bediones: We have Miss Vivian Tan.
Vivian Tan: Good Evening.
Janina San Miguel: Good Evening.
Vivian Tan: The question is, what role did your family play to you as candidate to Binibining Pilipinas?

Janina San Miguel: Well, my family’s role for me is so important b’coz there was the wa- they’re, they was the one who’s… very… Hahahaha… Oh I’m so sorry, Ahhmm… My pamily… My family… Oh my god.. I’m… Ok, I’m so sorry… I… I told you that I’m so confident… Eto, Ahhmm, Wait… Hahahaha, Ahmmm, Sorry guys because this was really my first pageant ever b’coz I’m only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the top 10.. Hmmm, so… but I said that my family is the most important persons in my life. Thank you.

And the rest is history.. as usual, the judges' judgement cannot be judged and therefore it is always FINAL!!




Janina San Miguel (center) cries as she is crowned Binibining Pilipinas-World during the coronation night of the Binibining Pilipinas Beauty Pageant held at the Araneta Coliseum on the evening of March 8, 2008.


Janina San Miguel, Bb. Pilipinas World

Age: 17 years old

Mass Communications student at University of the East

Why did you join? “To gain a lot of experiences, new friends and opportunities” “Bata pa talaga ako, dream ko na ito talaga. Nakikita ko sa TV and I think it’s a nice experience. I knew then that I would try it.”

What makes you stand out from the rest? “My confidence and my personality, even if this is my first time in a big pageant. I was first runner-up in Miss UE.”


Jennifer Barrientos, Bb. Pilipinas Universe

Age: 22 years old

Took up Tourism in the University of Sto. Tomas, from San Mateo Rizal, previously worked in Holiday Inn and Macau Star World Hotel

Why did you join? “It was my mother’s dream and now it’s mine.” “This will also help me achieve my other dreams such as being a model for high fashion magazines and fashion shows.”

What makes you stand out from the rest? “I always do my best. I know how to stay calm in a tight situation. My looks are also different. Many think I’m Indian but I am pure Filipino.” “I come from a Christian family so I really value my relationship with God.”


Patricia Fernandez, Bb. Pilipinas International

Age: 22 years old

Speech communication graduate

Why did you join? “In 2006, a local pageant was the subject of my thesis. It opened my eyes to this industry. Now I really want to get the chance to represent the country.”

What makes you stand out from the rest? “I am very determined, and in this setting, I know that someone with great determination will really make good. I am also a fun and exciting person with a very colorful and versatile personality.”


Danielle Castano, 1st Runner-up

Age: 18 years old

Plans to take up nursing next year, from Quezon City
Why did you join? “It has been my dream since I was a kid. My parents were initially against any form of publicity or modeling but they are supporting now. I also dream to help those who are ill and less fortunate.”

What makes you stand out from the rest? “I’m bubbly and I’m into sports. I was in the track and field varsity team in Hoover High School in the US and I also play volleyball. I’d like to think that I am versatile and have a lot of things to offer. I’m not scared of expressing myself fully because I admit that I do love the attention.”

Hobbies: boxing, running around the village, going to the gym


Elizabeth Jacqueline Nacuspag, 2nd Runner-up

Age: 24 years old

Graduate of Tourism in Centro Escolar University, part-time model, plans to enroll in flight school after the pageant

Why did you join? “Since I was a kid, I’ve been watching the pageant and I am so elated to see that I’m finally here. This is every girl’s childhood dream. It would also be very nice to look back and be able to share significant and remarkable experiences with my future kids. Besides, this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so why not?” “I get strength from the people who believe in me and believe that I can be somebody. I’m just living my dream right now.” “If I win, I want to help provide better education to everyone. I really believe that it’s not just for the privileged few. I think this will really help our country.”

What makes you stand out from the rest?

“I don’t want to think that it is what’s physical. It’s the support from those who love and believe in me. You feel their love and it radiates from inside you. And if you love what you are doing, it really shows.”

Hobbies: Having coffee and chatting with friends, going to the gym, boxing, going to the movies

No comments: